1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading help??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rick979, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

19.5 of green dot in a AA hull, AA primer, windjammer wad. The shot is size is not material to the recipe.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Red Dot 18.5, Green Dot 21.0. HMB

3. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

Alliant has quite a bit of load data on their website. Perhaps you can find the exact recipe for what you intend to use.

While most components are very close, it would be helpful to tell us what hull, primer & wad you are using.

I would always check your charge on a scale too, as a grain more than you want for a 1200 fps load is quite hot especially with Red Dot.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

What's the difference between a duck?

Half a question = Half an answer.

Go to Alliant's website and look for yourself. You'd have a much better idea of what else you are trying to put in the load. Use the EXACT components listed in the data and weigh your drops with a reliable sacale. Stay away from the higher pressure loads. Wear clean underwear, you never know what will happen.

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Why botherr with clean underwear?

If you blow up a gun, your underwear will be instantly dirty!

:)

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Gary- You asked "how many grains of green dot and red dot does it take to be real close to 1200fps"--- I really hope you meant to ask how many grains of Green Dot or Red Dot. Alliant does not give any data about mixing two different powders in one load.

Pat Ireland

7. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Gary

What are you using:

Type of hull?

Primer?

Wad?

Ounces of shot?

As stated in previous posts, Alliant's web site has ALL the data you may want. Stick to these recipes and don't substitute of deviate.

Alliant's web site is the URL above.

Good luck.

Frank

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

Pat,
    Do not assume anything.

I was on a cast bullet site and there was a thread on dual powder loads. A fast powder to kick things off under a slower powder to provide the finial "push".

I know one guy who mixes different shotgun powders he buys at gun shows. I do not shoot with him.

There are plenty of candidates for the Darwin Award that reload. It is surprising more guns are not destroyed and people injured.

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.