1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Quack Shot, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mar 14, 2006
    For one ounce loads, I'd start around 17.5 grains of powder. I use that load with Winchester or Cheddite primers and it's a reasonable starting point. The velocity is right around 1200 fps over my chronograph. I use Promo more often than Red Dot and the data is about the same. I will also go up to 18.0 grains for around 1225 fps. Pressures should be reasonable since they are around 8000 PSI using the Remington primer. There should be enough headroom to allow for a substantial increase in pressure due to the primer change. I would highly recommend calling Alliant and getting their take on it, rather than ask on an open forum.
  2. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I've sent emails to Alliant before with the specifics on components and they told me roughly what I had as far as pressure and velocity or speed
  3. dhip

dhip Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Anytime I had a quetion like this,I called Alliant,told them my specifics,then they okayed it.I'd do the same if I were you.
    Mine= 18.5 grn dot,cheddite primer,tgt12 wad,1oz lead(shot size is your choice)reminton hulls

Alliant response=Nice load

Doug H.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.