1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Handgun Ammo?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin77, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

I can purchase 9mm target ammo at Walmart, Dicks, etc for $25-35 per 100, which is about .25-.35 per round. So why should I reload when just the 9mm FMJ bullet is $.15-.25 each? I'm really wanting to do this, maybe I'm not looking in the right place for componants...any ideas...Thanks WC

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'd wait a little longer before starting any metallic reloading. Some of those that bought up componets making them scarce are going to need $$. I suspect that within 6 or 7 months you're going to see this stuff start coming up for sale.

ss

3. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

If you buy in quantity, you can save a ton. 9mm being one of the cheapest to reload. West coast bullets is a great bullet source. BEWARE however, small pistol primers are still extremely difficult to find. At least where I live they are. If you can find them at a reasonable price, buy them and reload. Some guys are really gouging and making a ton of money.As with any load, you can make a much superior load to a commercial load, with a little know how and help.You want a good 9mm load, just ask here. You will not be disappointed.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You can get Magnus lead cast bullets for about 6 cents a piece. With 2 grains of Bullseye and a small pistol primer you are good to go. You can reload a box of 50 for less than $5.00. HMB

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I have a bunch of 9mm brass I resized primed and neck sized years ago, I even have the powder and cast bullets to load them.

They are all for sale on the board at the club along with 40s&w,44mag, and alot of 45acp new brass

If you are interested in it I had it dirt cheap may even be worth me shipping it to you.

Jerry

6. bill2

bill2 Member

Jerry/09newbie, please check your P.M.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Look around and you can find bullets for about a dime shipped. Rainier, Berry, Precision Bullets, etc.

Heavier bullets go slower and foul the bore less, especially in Glocks and such. You will have great results with the 124-125 gr bullets. I don't care for the 115's, but will load them if that is all that is available.

High performance autos such a Glock and Sig, as well as most newer types, like slower burning powders.

I like HS-6 in the 9X19.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.