1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading/Gun Room in the making

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by andybull, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andybull

andybull Active Member

I decided to look for the odds and ends cabinets I had laying around in my business (I own a cabinet shop), in order to try to put together a set that would fit in a room that I have in my basement. This will be my future gun room. I had six 12" high x 30" wide wall cabinets, I decided to piggy back them in sets of three, creating two 36" high cabinets, found a few 42" high wall cabinets and a 30" high. The bases are 34.5" high base cabinets and vanities, all of the cabinets have adjustable shelves. The countertop is plywood with a 1/16" thick Formica laminate. The reloading leg is 30" deep and the pantry leg is 25" deep.

While loading the cabinets in order to trailer them 850 miles, I found a 30" wide pantry x 90" high, I figured what the heck I'll figure out a way to fit it into my layout.

The 42" wall cabinets finished out at 8' to the top and the 30" finished out a 7'6" from the floor which is the height of the pantry. The room is 12'x 12'.

My wife helped me out with the driving and the installation.
    andybull_2008_250969.jpg

andybull_2008_250970.jpg

andybull_2008_250971.jpg

andybull_2008_250972.jpg

andybull_2008_250973.jpg

andybull_2008_250974.jpg

2. Flybob71

Flybob71 TS Member

WOW!!! Absolutely beautiful kitchen!!! I thought you were putting up pictures of a reloading room? LOL!!! Seriously, really nice!!!

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Way too nice for a loading shop!

Thanks for sharing your project ideas, I still have that dream of upgrading from my 12x16 shed.... Maybe some day.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I had a new home built in 1989 and in the contract asked for paint grade kitchen cabinets, upper and lower, to be built in one garage wall. The builder said it was cheaper for him to just use basic pre-made kitchen cabinets. I went with that plan and couldn't have been more delighted with all the space for the MEC Grabber, a Dillon 550B, and bench and storage galore. It got many complements from visitors.....Bob Dodd

5. Jim In FL

Jim In FL Member

Oh. That's just sick. I'll NEVER post a picture of my work area here now.

Great work. How hard could it be to work in an environment like that.

Jim In FL

6. andybull

andybull Active Member

I'll be adding a flat screen TV and a small refrigerator on my next trip.

7. crk

crk Member

I'm with Jim on that :)

If it were mine, you would be wondering where the counter top is.

Love to see some pics when you put the reloaders on the benches (do you have enough head room for that?)

Nice work!

(No built in vacuum?) :)

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

If our kitchen looked like your reloading room, I might have gotten more home cooked meals!

Jay

9. andybull

andybull Active Member

crk;

There are two central vacuum systems in the house, the units are about 20 feet from this room so...with a little bit of PVC plumbing I can do it. Good Idea!

10. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Great looking room. I will be devil's advocate here and say no to using vacumn on spilled powder. Vacumn motors generally have brushes in them and wellll that means sparks. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about them in central vacumn systems. Good luck with your loading room it looks great. Bill

11. andybull

andybull Active Member

Thanks for the heads up on the powder.

12. crk

crk Member

its not the powder that I have occasional issues with but the shot. I use a wet/dry shop vac that is mounted under my bench with a long hose and it does a nice job on getting up the shot. The wet/dry also has a sleeve around the suction to keep water out which also keeps the random powder out of the motor. The powder usually is only in one area if there is an issue so I get that back in the powder bottle. The shot goes everywhere.

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

So that your wifes sewing room. Wheres your reloading room?

14. andybull

andybull Active Member

Auctioneer:

Nope that's not her room ;-).

Top Single DT10:

I have no outlets yet. If you look at the last picture next to the pantry you'll see rolled up 12 gauge Romex, that's in my to do list on the next trip.

15. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Well....Andy......you have the dubious distinction of having a reloading room that is nice than my house !!!...........Uncle Sam, Pa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun reloading layout

gun reloading room photo

gun room pictures

reloading bench layout
reloading room layout