1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading for International Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chichay, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Setting up to reload for bunker trap. Your input, especially sources of reloading information appreciated. Chichay

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Both Hodgdon and Alliant have International sections. Alliant's is a menu item; for Hodgdon, sort for 24gm.

Don't overlook what Shooting Coach and I have known for a good while: Misc. Eurotrash hulls are pretty inexhaustable, and the VP-05 makes a goooood bunker bullet.

Bob

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Bob said

Rio primers, a healthy dose of Solo 1000, Eurotrash hull, 24 grams of good 7 1/2 shot, and bye-bye Bunker target.

I have never paid for a good once-fired Eurotrash hull. I have about 4-55 gallon barrels of them. Oddly enough, I prefer to load them. They are very predictable.

I like the Claybuster clone of the Fed 12SO wad.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Fiocchi, Rio, Eley, RC, Saga, Clever-Mirage, Cheddite, Nobel, Kemen, B&P, etc.

Anything that uses a Reifenhauser hull.

I think maybe the ultra-cheap Winchesters, and Federal Top Gun hulls are too.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Probably the biggest key is using good, hard shot.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

In my never to be humble opinion, proper chokes are cardinal for 24 gram loads. My primary Bunker gun, a Browning Special Sporting Edition, will not perform well with anything tighter than Light Full. I use Improved Modified on the first barrel, Light Full for the second.

My primary ATA trap gun, an Ultra XT, breaks targets harder with tighter chokes, up through Extra Full. These chokes give "Gee Whiz!" breaks with this gun. The very same XF chokes give mediocre breaks in the Bunker gun.

I have had the best performance with extended Angle Port bore-matched choke tubes.

I get great results with Eagle. Many folks scoff at this brand, but I have run many straights and get hard breaks with the second barrel.

7. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

Website above has an article on loading bunker loads. . .

- - Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best loads for international trap

clever international 24gm

international trap ammunition

international trap bunker fiocchi loads

international trap loads

international trap shooting loads
international trap target loads
reloading for 24 gram international trap