1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Fiocchi Shotshells ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bulldog50, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulldog50

Bulldog50 TS Member

I am just getting back into shooting and reloading and I have very few hulls left, so I'm going to be buying new shells. Has anyone had any experince (good or bad) with relaoding Fiocchi hulls ? Any 1 oz skeet/trap load info would be appreciated.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

They can be reloaded, but they are not the most desirable hull for doing so. The hull mouths seem to split fairly quickly, but otherwise, I haven't seen many other issues. I toss them after three loadings. I would use them with a wad designed for straight wall hulls and leave the ones intended for tapered hulls alone. I have seen some migration of powder past the smaller wads. I have also experienced some inconsistent velocities, especially in colder weather. So, I use the straight wall style wads.

A great wad to start with woulb be the Federal 12S0 or Claybusted CB2100-12 clone. I would think that somewhere around 17.5 to 18.0 grains of Red Dot or Promo would be a good start, using the Winchester or Fiocchi primers. That is for 1 oz of shot. There is a Fiocchi wad that works well, IF you can find them. There is a lot of data listed for these hulls. The components are sometimes limited, however.

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I'm partial to STS and Gun Club hulls. They are one piece and reload quite easily using common and inexpensive components. Plus there is a wealth of reloading data available for them.

The best wad for 1oz loads in Fiocchi hulls can't be bought in this country, but the Gualandi Super Spark is a very, very close second. Fio hull and Fio 616 primer with 19gr International Clays, Super Spark wad and 1oz hard shot is one of the very best loads I've ever used.

As Quack suggested, the 12S0 works. It is the best of the domestic wads in the Fio hull.

However, as I said, the STS/Gun Glub hull gives you equal or better results, with much less expensive components. Also, they last at least twice as long.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

If you are buying bargain ammo, get Remmy Green field loads. The hull lasts longer and is better suited to reloading. The black hull seems to be softer than the green. It loads well, but I prefer the green. Gun Clubs seem to last longer still.

Also, the Fiocchi has a thicker rim than many other rounds. If your firearm has minimum headspace, it may not like the Fiocchi. You may have to wang the gun shut, and it may not want to eject from O/U's and single barreled shotguns.

My Mirage likes them. A GTI I recently sold digested them without incident. My tightly chambered and headspaced Browning Unsingle Combo will NOT tolerate them. I NEVER shoot them in this Browning. I had a K-80 that did not do well with them, and another that liked them.

I have NEVER seen a shotgun that would hiccup on the Remmy hulls.

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I found they were one of the worst hulls to reload . Stick with the Rem Gun Club green or better yet the STS`s for a smoother operation thru your reloader . Rio`s are another bad one for me and all that reload at the club . Only 2 still reload the Winchesters but nothing has ever happened to their hulls . Gun Club hulls are everywhere for the taking and you can reload them a few times but I may only reload them 2 times and throw them away .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
reloading clever shotshells same as fiocchi
fichocci shotgun shells reloading data

fiocchi shotgun shells load data

fiocchi shotshell reloading data
fuocci shotgun shells can they be reloaded
reloading fiocchi clear hull shotgun shells

reloading fiocchi shotgun shells

reloading fiocchi shotshells