1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reloading fiocchi hulls.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

I have a large number of the light purple fiocchi hulls and am thinking about reloading some of them for 1 oz. pactice ammo. Are these hulls straight wall hulls like the Feds or are they tapered like the STS and AA?
    I have a bunch of Fed. 12SO wads but most of the reloading data I see calls for Win 12sl 1 oz wads.

Thanks
    John

2. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

Straight

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

There are two types of Fiocchi hulls that I have seen. The most recent are straight wall with low plastic base wad. They are translucent clear or dark blue. These load like cheddite hulls. There is some data out there for these hulls. They load as well as just about any of the eurotrash hulls. Suggest you use a european primer like the Fiocchi, Rio or Noble sport.

Good load once and throw away.
    T

4. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

John,
    I've loaded mine with the 12S0 and Clays or Int. Clays and have had good results. How is everything up your way? I don't think Leo and Karla will make Oakdale this year.
    On my Fiocchi's, I loaded mine twice and then dropped them.
    Mike C.

5. burtona

burtona Member

I came into several thousand of the light purple hulls already deprimed and sized from my brother in law when he became disabled. I sold most of them but kept enough to use up the wads he had for them. I load 1 oz. #9 shot, Ballistic Products Piston Skeet wad, Promo powder, and Win or Fiochhi primers. I've loaded some of them 5-6 times and they hold up really well. When I use up all the wads I'll shoot them then dump them and go back to AA hulls.
    Dave

6. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Mike,
    Nice to hear from you! Hope you are keeping the bad guys at bay.
    Let me know how may grains of Clays that you are loading.

Best regards,

John

7. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

John, It was 18grns Clays and a Chedite primer. Nice light load for 16's.
    Yes, keeping the bad guys outta here. Will be a Senior Vet come June, not sure how many more years will stay with the S.O. I think the Sheriff knows this, I'm getting a new cop car in May. A 4x4 with only 40k miles on her. My present one has 127k and making noises. And for a light bar, getting one of the new LED ones. Won't have to keep the motor running if I have to light-um up. How far is Medford from you?
    Mikey C.

8. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Fiocchi 616 primer + 17.5 gr. Red Dot with a CB SO clone and 1 oz. #8's makes a great 16 yd. load. I've loaded thousands of them without a hitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
fiocchi hulls
fiocchi hulls reloading data
fiocchi primer reloading data
fioochi high base wad loads
pet loads for fiocchi hulls
reloading data for fiocchi hulls

reloading fiocchi hulls

substitute fiocchi for cheddite hulls