1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Federal and Estate hulls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Higbee, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Higbee

Higbee TS Member

Does anyone reload the Walmart Federal Hulls and the Super Comp Estates? If so what are you using (power,primer,wad,etc.) Thanks

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Heck yes, I load the heck out of them. The SCTP kids shot a bunch of them, and I get the empties.

I like most any primer, Cheddite, Fiocchi, Nobel, Rio, 19 gr Solo 1000, Claybuster CB3118-12AR and one ounce of your favorite shot. Works great.

The same amount of Red Dot, Clays, Rex I, E3, Promo, etc will work fine.

3. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

I agree with Shooting Coach. I have used a variety of wads, but found for me the 1 oz 12S0 or equivelent seems to work best. I use 18 gr of Clays, Claydot, or Promo and get approximarely 1200 fps. I now load once and toss. I found the primer pockets tended to loosen up too much after 3 reloads to firmly seat the primers, so instead of tracking the number of reloads, I'm a 1 and done person now. Bob K

4. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

loaded many thousands of these. 700X or Promo powder. I like the Nobel Sport or Fiocchi or even the RIO primers. Downrange XXL-orange for 7/8 oz loads. Downrange DRF3 or XL-1 or Versalite for 1 1/8 oz loads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.