1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Estate Hulls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rdf59, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdf59

rdf59 Member

I have been looking in all the internet reloading sites and my IMR, Alliant and Hodgdon books and can find nothing about Estate Hulls (12ga) and very little about the Federal counterpart. I was informed by Loaddata.com that Estate is the same as Federal plastic with fiber wad base.

I was hoping to be able to find some data for 700X with Win209 and Claybuster subs for WAA12 and/or Fed 12S3. I found nothing using any of those components for the Fed Plastic paper base.

Does anyone have any receipes for the Estate ---- that have been recommended by any of the component manufacturers?

I, normally, use Remington STS but I have a half kazillion Estates and would like to utilize them.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

AA type wads- no, 12S3-yes.

Any gold medal recipe will work also. I use about 18 grains of Tightwad successfully.

HM

3. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

You can use Federal Gold Medal data to load Estates. .....Rick

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

rdf59.....

I have been reloading Estate's for approx. 3 yrs. with very good results. Be advised that I have only reloaded them once but some of my friends have gotten 3 reloads without any problems.

Here are my recipes for the Estate (and Top Gun) hulls:

1 oz., 17 grs. of 700X, Federal 12S0 wad (or clone), Federal 209A primer, 1200 fps.

1-1/8 oz., 19.5 grs. of 700X, Federal 12S3 wad (or clone), Federal 209A primer, 1250 fps.

Curt

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

A good friend of mine had to pound out an Estate basewad from his K-80 barrel recently. Keep that in mind when reloading any casing!!

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

That's the reason I load the Estate (and Top Gun) hulls "Only Once". I've reloaded and shot approx 20,000 without any type of incident.

We've all heard horror stories about reloads, base wads, old hulls, etc.

As Ron White so elequently stated: "You can't fix stupid"

Curt

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I reload both Estate and Top Gun hulls twice then pitch em.
    I use 18gr. Clays, Fiocchi 616 primers and Downrange XXL for my 1 oz loads (1180 fps)and their DRF3 for 1 1/8 oz loads (1200 fps).
    They reload very nicely through either my MEC Grabber or my 9000. You sure can find a lot of them in the dumpsters.

8. Bitter American

Bitter American TS Member

1.25 shot
    Clay buster red 8
    19.5 Red Dot
    Fiocchi 616

9. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Thanks for all the input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page