1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading data, thebermans.com

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by squirrelkiller, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Was scrounging the internet for a 1 1/8 ounce red dot load with CB1138-12 and came upon this site. LOTS of data and a Remington hull load. Of course, are all these loads ok?? Somebody has done some extensive testing or research. Take a look. Go to shooting on their page.

Anybody have a 1 1/8, Win209, red dot load for that wad? Yes, I looked on Alliant. I have a pile of these and would like to use them up for trap and not 1 1/4 loads.

I don't want jumped on. I have never had troubles reloading. Started on a Versamec somewhere around 1980 and now primarly a 9000G.

Thanks for any help.

2. setter

setter Member

They've simply copied this data from another source. Would I use it without the source or other reliable data, no! The challenge is that Red Dot like 700-X & Clays occupy relatively small volumes when compared to other powders. And the CB1138-12 is a clone of the WAA12R. The WAA12R is best suited for shot charges heavier than 1 & 1/8. Else one has a problem getting a proper crimp (i.e. the wad doesn't occupy enough space in the hull). That's why there is a dearth of data for Red Dot & the WAA12R. However, there is data for 1 & 1/8 for PB & 7625 & the WAA12R, tho other wads would serve better.

3. flamborn

flamborn TS Member

Try to get the answer from Claybuster. As Setter said this is a wad for heavier loads. Might not work out for you with Red Dot in a load you would want to shoot at targets.

Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cb 1138-12 reloading data

cb 1138-12 load data

cb 1138-12 reloading data

cb1138 12 wads

waa12r load data