1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading data help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigd62, Jul 27, 2013.

1. bigd62

bigd62 Member

Please help I am trying to come up with a 1oz load. I am using a win.AA hull, win. 209 primer, and greendot powder. I went to the Alliant powder reloading data sight and I was using a cb1100-12 wad. the sight said with 21 grains it is 1250fps and 8200 on pressure. I take it the cb1100-12 is the pink claybuster wad. On the bag it says use to reference reloading data for WAA12sl. If you scroll down to that data it gives me 9200 on pressure. Which is it. Please explain. Thanks Dan

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I'm guessing different day, different test. Neither pressure is anything to worry about. If you want someone to tell you it's officially OK to use, e-mail Alliant or Claybuster. Mark

3. Nebs

Nebs Well-Known Member

The difference is the Alliant data was produced using the win AA12SL, while the data on the Claybuster wad bag was produced using the CB 1100-12 wad. While the CB wad may be a 'substitute" for the AA12SL, that does not mean it performs exactly the same. That having been said, the pressure data for both wads is well below the Sammy recommended maximum. I wouldn't worry about the substitution. The CB wad because of the higher pressure, likely will cause the green dot to burn a bit cleaner.

4. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

What Oregon and Nebs said.

Either works but the closer you get to 10,000psi. the cleaner burn and better SD and EV numbers - just a more efficient load. On a 1 oz. load which I shot today using Green Dot with a Fed primer 7 1/2's, 12S0 clone in a Fed hull, running about 1300fps., there is no use for 1 1/8 oz. IMHO. If your going to use Green Dot for 1 oz., get the pressure and speed up - believe you will like it.