1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading data for claybuster wads?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Where can I find specific load data for claybuster Wads, ordered TGT12 through club will be getting claybuster TGT12 replament wads instead. Currently I am loading Clays,CCI209,WAASL wads. Looks like ill be getting Fed primers and claybuster wads, could not find info on hodgdon website?

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Since it is a direct replacement for the Remington Target wad, and lots of data already exists for them, most folks won't spend a lot of time reinventing the wheel. If nothing else, you could ask Claybuster for data: information@claybusterwads.com

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

New to reloading, thought there would be a bit of a differance?

4. Rip12

Rip12 TS Member

Here is the hogdon website. Conviently in the bags of claybuster wads there are some recepies.
    If you have any questions or concerns you can email me.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I did not know about data in bag. I ordered rem tgt12 through club getting claybusters, this has become regular practice with our supplier. order estates get gun club order #8 shot get 9s and 7.5s want this get that?

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

maclellan1911

The Claybuster clones are close enough that the data for the "Genuine" wad should be OK to use for the CB Clone, as long as you are not in the higher, near max pressures. Some powder companies say that they are the equivalent and can be used with data for the originals. Some powder companies have specific data for the wads. Check with the powder company and they can probably guide you. Asking the wad manufacturer usually gets the same data that the powder company derived using the originals. Duster wads' data is a cut and paste from the powder companies and should be held as suspect, since I doubt the wad manufacturer actually compiled that data themselves. I'm sure there is enough of a difference between them that they would not ALL be identical to the wad they copied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
claybuster lightning wads reloading data
claybuster load data
claybuster loading chart
claybuster reloading data
claybuster replacement data
claybuster wads
claybuster wads load data

claybuster wads reloading data