1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading data - 28 ga

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wardld, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wardld

wardld TS Member

Anyone have loading data for 28 ga.,STS Rem.hulls,7/8 oz. 7 1/2 shot ?

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

You will have better results with 3/4 oz in the 28. It does not like heavy shot charges. The one ounce Winchester "magnum" does not do all that well.

With STS hulls, Unique or Universsal Clays works well with easily available wads and the standard shot charge. I prefer Unique, as it is American made. The 28 is a great gun, but if not used within its effective range, it tends to be disappointing in the field. It is danday to carry, and close in shots are what it is capable of.

3. wardld

wardld TS Member

How much Unique with 3/4 oz? How much with 13/16 oz.?

4. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

sts 28 18.0 gr of hs-7 or win 571 win primer, federal 28s-1 wad about 1150fps you need alot of wad preasure to get good crimps but my 9000H makes them look good. My favorite 7/8 load 28 gauge load is Federal hull 19.5 grains of win 571 blue pc wad around 1175 fps and the load fits the federal hull much better all loads from the lyman 4th loading manual

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

data 28