1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RELOADING CONVERSION CALCULATORS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nsrailroad, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Is their any conversion charts or programs to convert reloading componets, bulk powder and shot to grains and ounces ?

2. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

It's called Google...

You can use Google to convert between many different units of measurement of area, weight, and volume among many others. Just enter your desired conversion into the search box and we’ll do the rest.

Example: enter <I>10.5 cm in inches</I> in the search box, click on "Search" and get <I>10.5 centimeters = 4.13385827 inches</I> as the first return

You can also enter data in the format... <I>convert 10.5 inches to centimeters</I>... and get the same return.

If you want grains to grams, for example, enter <I>499.56 grains in grams</I> or <I>convert 499.56 grains to grams</I> to get <I>499.56 grains = 32.3709435 grams</I> as your answer.

Carol Lister

3. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

More of reloading cost of shells?

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

http://joshmadison.com/software/convert-for-windows/

Is the best, easiest, most multi-functional for converting about anything into about anything else ...

It does not measure lumber or concrete, however ... :-|

Reloading cost calc ... use TS.COM's: http://www.trapshooters.com/reloadcalc.htm

Bob

5. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Thanks got it to work to some what. If you don't buy any shells for the reload cost, what do you change or leave out. I used $5.80 on rem gc shells, would take about 300 boxes pay for me a new reloader, but I use empties I pickup and don't buy any shells.
    Update
    I went and retried it and cost about $3.69 per box to reload if I calculated it correct.
    Thanks
    Railroad

6. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I simply put in $1.00 for 5000 hulls, as I don't buy empties either.

AndyH ;-)

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Just add NA to whatever you don`t buy or wish to calculate in the conversion chart. It is accurate and you can do each component separately also to see how much you get per pound .

8. psfive

psfive Member

Pounds to Grains 1 Pound = 7,000 Grains. Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.