1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading component prices down?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SKB-Eric, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKB-Eric

SKB-Eric Member

Reloading prices going down?<br>
    Stopped at Midwestern shooting supply today to pick up a few items today. Was pleased to see prices were not as bad as I heard from other shooters. I expected them to be higher with all that is going on in the ammo world today.

Here is what I paid:<br>
    8 pounds American Select - $106<br>
    5000 Fio 616 - $124 - ($24.80 per 1K)<br>
    Per 1000 Claybuster wads - $14<br>
    Lawrence Magnum 7.5 - $41

They did have a limit on powder to one keg per customer, per day. But that was OK.

Eric

2. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Two weeks ago in New Hampshire I paid:

Win. 209 primers,$39.00 per K

Clays 8 lb., $129.00

Claybuster wads, $18.00 per K

Magnum #8 shot, $41.00 per 25 lb bag. Dale

3. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Holy sh*t........that's DOWN?????

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Remington RXP wads are way out of hand. What I have on hand from last case will probably have been my last purchase of them. Great wad but, not worth $13.00+/bag.

5. SKB-Eric

SKB-Eric Member

CBXchris........ yes, going down from the highs a month ago. Some of the guys I shoot with bought lead at $43, one guy said $47 - and American Select was $150 for 8 pounds at another well known Wisconsin supplier. While nobody is happy with high prices, I was happy it was less than I expected from what other guys said they were paying.

6. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

Recent purchases, 700X $16lb,
    magnum shot $146 100lbs,
    Federal 209A $38 1000,
    Cheddite 209 $28 1000,
    RXP wads $24 1000

7. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

bw john, Where are you picking up the rxp wads? I'd like to get in on a 5,000 wad case. They should be even less than $12.00 a bag with that type of purchase. Thanks, Spank

8. digdug13

digdug13 Member

don't shop at Bass Pro no primers. No powder and 54 dollars for 25 pounds of #8. That was in Gurnee IL. Doug

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I was looking for Varget rifle powder last week. Bass Pro Shop told me they had exactly five one-pound jugs of powder and that wasn't one of them. Cabella's said "No" as soon as I said "powder." I called two medium-sized local gun shops and was told they wouldn't see any Varget or most other powders until August and what they had just run out of sold for $37.00 per one-pound jug. I figured I had enough on hand to load the 50 rounds I wanted to load and I did with probably enough left to assemble some test loads for another rifle.

Then I walked into my small local open-two-hours-each-day gun shop yesterday and bought a jug! While I was there, I picked up a pound of WW760 and my tab with 6% PA sales tax was $59.04.

Ed

10. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Not everybody is out to f ya, I live in PA also and two gun shops I deal with are doing the best they can. Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops were always high in $$$$ before any glut started and never were in the business for the reloader.

11. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I never had much to complain about with the Harrisburg, PA Bass Pro Shop. I know the hunting department manager, whose family used to own a large sporting goods store in nearby New Cumberland. Bruce goes out of his way to get what a customer wants and while a little higher maybe, I never thought their prices for powder and such were too hateful. A few bucks more perhaps but if you're in the mall for something else and they have it, well...

Now, Cabella's and their take-a-number service is something else. I usually drive by the Hamburg, PA store several times each week but seldom stop in.

Ed

12. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

Spanky, Gamaliel is currently $12.70 a bag of 500 for RXP wads.

13. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Thanks for the tip. Quantity will get them a bit cheaper. I believe Remington doesn't want to sell components anymore after their current pricing on them. Maybe things will come down again. I don't know!

14. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just a question. When did Remington start putting 500 wads in a bag? All I have ever seen is 250 per bag.

15. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

All I've ever seen is 500 in a bag. 250 in other brands.

16. bowhunting11

bowhunting11 TS Member

It seems like it would be a pain paying for wads:) I guess not everyone is friends with a wad manufacture.

17. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Paying for wads is more of a pain than paying for powder. Shot is more of a pain than paying for hulls. Not sure where you're coming from man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.