1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading brass primer hole issue

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 97Fxds, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 97Fxds

97Fxds TS Member

I bought some "once fired brass" on Gunbrkr some time ago and finally got around to inspecting it. The sale was for once fired cleaned brass. What I got in the mail sent USPS was fully cleaned and primed many times fired brass. I fired off the the primers, since I didnt know the age and condition of the primers and right off the bat, after firing the primers backed out of the pocket and jammed the cylinder. I then reloaded those brass shells with my primers and fired just the primer and some of them backed out as well. So they are worn out and have oversized primer pockets. Can this be fixed at all or are they trash, or does someone make a slightly ovesized primer. Like the things I have heard about cheddite being a touch bigger than say win shotshell primers. The brass is .45 "LC". Thanks for any info!
    Lawrence

2. 97Fxds

97Fxds TS Member

Ohhhh, now that makes perfect sense! I only had about 6 jam up the cyl, then I stopped noticing the scratches on the shield. Ty!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.