1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading 3.5" Mags

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CLP101, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Anyone reload 3.5"'s for turkey. I have a friend that wants to start loading to save money. It looks like either the RCBS mini grand or Mec Steelmaster are the only ones that will work. At $15 /10 shells you could save about $12 / box. Any input would be appreciated on which loader works the best, and recipes. Didn't they make a 600 3.5" kit at one time?
  2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Reloading 3.5

For all the 3½ loads you'll need in a year ... including all the Snow Geese you want to shoot, you don't need a mechanical loader, at all.

A #1 phillips screwstick to punch the old primer out, a hank of 5/8" dowell to punch the new primer in; a scale, to weigh & dump powder & shot, and a $30 roll-crimp head from Precision Reloading in a 3/8" drill is all you need besides components.

Or, you can buy primed 3½" tubes and make the whole process easier for a few ¢ more.

Back in the days when I was really, really mad at the geese (and apparently at my shoulder, teeth, kidneys, etc), I loaded a lot of 3½" Steel, Bismuth and Hevi-Shot.

That the 3½" is a superior killer 'twas bullshit, but that was a lesson I had to figger out myownself.

I think you can still get a 3½" kit for the 600jnr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.