1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reloading 20 gauge hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin62, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

how many times can you safly reload 20ga hulls. I have been reloading the remington and winchester hulls 3 times and the federal and estates 2 times.

the 20 's always seem to be beat up after this many reloads...even factory shells look a little rough after being shot. Is this my imagination.

could the extra presuure that 20 gauge shells wear out the hulls faster, I don't load my hulls hot...16.5 graind of unique.

I do have a lot of the gun clubs, so I'm never lost for hulls. I know 12 gauge gun clubs I can reload many times before tossing out.

any help would be fine.

2. pikepoola1racer

pikepoola1racer Member

I would throw away the federal, they have paper base wads, and will get stuck in the barrel. The gun clubs I reload at least 10 times.

3. The Stive

The Stive Member

I reload AAs and Sts. They both hold up really well. I can use them until they
    get a split in them. If they split or crack above the crimp I use them one more time. If they split or crack below the crimp , I toss them. John

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

STS's, Gun Clubs, Game Land and Expresses, they all load the same and last as long as one another. Not a big fan of the newer "AA's".

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Forget how pretty they are. As long as the casing is in OK condition and the crimp section is strong they are fine to reload. The slower burning powders used in 20 ga can leave the hulls looking dirty.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I like 13.5 grains of Green Dot. Hulls last a long time. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how many times can you reload aa hulls

how many times reload 20 gauge