1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloaders

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stu mackay, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu mackay

stu mackay TS Member

I am currently looking for a new loader. Ihave a ps 900 and have never been happy with it. I do not super production,. more ease of operation important to me.Can you give me your ideas? anyone else feel free to comment. thanks stu

2. stu mackay

stu mackay TS Member

I donot need super production

3. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

poppy5 ,

If you'd explain how the 900 fails to suit your needs , maybe someone can recommend a press that might better suit your needs --- operating a press at a lower rate is usually the answer to most dilemas --- other than watching the primer which is still PROBABLY the number 1 pitfall in reloading .

Charlie

4. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

i've got a 366 in really nice shape for 250.00 + shipping. I get a ups discount rate. can provide pictures upon request.

brett d.

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

If speed is of no concern you probably do not shoot enough to justify reloading. Buy Top Guns, Estates etc and be happy.

IF you enjoy making ammo and don't care about production rate, then get a MEC 650 or Sizemaster. They are slow but get the job done.

If you want a true progressive, the PW 800+ is a very good machine.

Don

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy a Dillon.

7. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

About as good as it gets fore the money involved. But then again I am a little bit prejudiced on P W machines. For the money a used machione will last longer than you do.
    And Whiz is selling one of them on the page that is in top shape.

Rock

Jim

8. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Spolar ,buy once well!.....Don

9. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

As I said in an earlier post, I like my Dillon, great company to deal with. I own a 550, a 650, and a sl 900, wouldn`t trade any of them.

Tom R.

10. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

I have a 650 MEC and it does everything I need at this point in time. Have loaded about 7000 rounds on it since I started back in November of last year. It was used when I got it and still has a lot of life left in it.

Picked up a used 600 Jr. for 20 gauge along with 5 bags of AA wads and 2 bags of Fed wads all for $15! I loaded 100 shells on it today and after a little adjusting it loads great. Since I don't shoot that much 20 gauge it will probably work just fine for everything I ever need it to do. It is considerably slower than my 650 though!

Look around there are bargains to be found in pawn shops all the time.

Mr. Mark

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Though in the minority, I'm a fan of Hornady - Like their Apexs and 366.
    Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.