1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloader ?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hmb, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

All Mec progressive models do that. Like the 9000g, 650, grabber, etc. HMB

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

PW seats the wad and drops shot at two different stations. Is there an advantage with seating the wad and dropping the shot at the same station?

Pat Ireland

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Dill does the job. More money better reloader. You get what you pay for.

4. shot410ga

Sorry, Dillon was the correct word.

5. shot410ga

Third station, wad goes in, is seated, and the shot is dropped. Unless I don't understand the question?

6. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I started with a Mec 600, 650 and up. I now use a 9000G loader. I did at one point buy a PW 2000P. I kept it for a year and sold it. The loader I had just had to many problems and the factory I felt did not want to work with me as they should being a NEW loader. I then brought out the Mec 9000G again and it is doing just fine. IF I said IF I get another hair up my back side I will buy a Spolar. It does not have all the bells and whistles but it is suppose to be the R.R of loaders.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am not sure that seating the wad and dropping shot at the same station will eliminate the bent petals problem. If a petal is bent going in, will dropping the shot straighten the pedal?

When I see a bent pedal, I just bend it back as far as I can and put in in the wad guide. Once the pedal is in the hull, it does not fall back to the bent position in my press.

Pat Ireland

8. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

You may want to look at the MEC9000E ($799) but if you want to spend more (about $2700+) you can go for a Spolar with hydraulic. The former is Auto-Mate powered, fun to use, and will put out excellent reloads in quantity. The latter is an elegant machine (CNC machined aircraft-quality aluminum alloy) that'll put a smile on your face while reloading. Powder drops are especially extremely consistent. Only you can decide whether it's worth the price. Then again, you can buy both; having one load 1 oz., and the other 24.6gms or 7/8 oz. Given the cost of components, particularly lead, the joy in reloading is tailoring the load to suit yourself but ALWAYS with-in the bounds of published reliable data. But you already know that.

9. D'ohboy

D'ohboy Member

tsjoe7, I know someone who has a used Grabber for sale @ $100. He also has some other ones(a Sizemaster,a 650,a 600jr.) for less $. If you(or anyone)are interested,let me know by responding to this post. Dan

10. blooper

blooper TS Member

what model grabber ? 76 series or 8567?

11. D'ohboy

D'ohboy Member

Blooper, I'll call the guy today and get the exact info on his loaders. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.