1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reloader problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WI Trapshooter, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WI Trapshooter

WI Trapshooter TS Member

Every so once and awhile, more then I like, my mec 9000G will not drop the shot until I reach the top of the stroke and then it goes all over and I have to stop and clean pellets out of all the litte crevises, a real pain. I think that it must be a "bridging" problem, but how do I solve it and help. Thanks

2. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Make sure the bar moves freely. You may have one or both of the bottles on too tight.

Vince McNamara

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Check the bottle gasket (worn)?

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I've had this problem and after many different tries I took the shot drop tube out only to find the bottom of it was partially closed which caused the bridging of the shot. Since that time I have run into this with several other folks. Take a look. Jackie B.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Remove the drop tube, clean the inside of tube and remove any burrs with a round file. Lube the inside of the tube with a little paste floor wax. HMB

6. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Have had this problem with reclaimed shot and with lead shot #6 and larger. Call Mec. I was told that they have a larger diameter shot drop tube used for steel shot and this might solve your problem.

Regards

W&W

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I had the charge bar scuff up yrs ago and it started to bind in the slide, take the bottles off and see if there is any binding going on and if there is any scuffing....

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I loosen the shot bottle a little and use a powder baffle with the spring loaded plastic ring instead of the rubber ring. No binding after doing it that way, except. Good Luck

9. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

take the measure assy off and disassemble it and drop tube also, wash with hot soapy water {dawn it cuts the grease better} and dry it wit hair dryer. Get some lemon pledge and spray measure assy,charge bar and let them set for about 5 minutes then wipe down good and with the same rag use a small piece of it to run it up and down the the tube, just inside the tube only. Resemble with new gromets, the lemon oil in the pledge is the trick.

thanks
    lee

10. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

I would buy a few spare black rubber grommets to have on hand. Clean the loader as described above, replace the grommets, but do not tighten the bottles too tightly. This is important. Also be sure the operating rod nut adjustment allows the bar to go all the way to the left to the point where the slotted screw in the bar just touches the left side of the slot in the measure assembly. This is the correct adjustment.

Another good practice is to focus your eyes, eye level with the charge bar to observe the bar moving to the left on the down stroke. Then shift your eyes downward to watch the primer drop as the handle returns back to the top on the up stroke ....kind of like shooting trap.

11. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Are you perhaps using remanufactured shot that has not been re-graphited or otherwise dry lubed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to keep shot from bridging in a mec reloader

mec 410 loader shot drop issues