1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloader on a budget

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mtflores, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtflores

mtflores TS Member

Looking for some input on purchasing a good progressive reloader. Been checking out mec 9000g and ponsness warren. What are some of the likes and dislikes, or which do you prefer and why?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

What is the budget i.e. "Reloader on a budget"?

3. Mapper

Mapper Member

A good used Hornady 366 would be my choice. A person would have to work hard to wear it out. It would be cheaper and easier to work on than a PW, I have both.

4. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I have a VERY nice 366 Hornady that is for sale for $350. If interested let me know for pictures.

Jerry Lewis

5. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

Not to tell you what to do but I would save your money ...... this is a bad time to start reloading with the way reloading components are so hard to find.

Last Saturday I took a four hour trip up North just to pickup 8# of powder. Took me a week of calling around just to find this powder and it wasn't what I been using.

Powder & primers are dry up in this country and I am not sure why.

Good luck !

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Buy 5 flats of Winchester, get the rebate, sell the hulls. Get your neighbor to do it for you too.

Should be on a par with reloading, and less hassle.

HM

7. dls guide

dls guide Member

I don't think now is a good time to start reloading if you need to buy everything. It just will not paper out. Buy stuff as you find it at a decent price, and gradually get into it if you think it will be a good hobby for you. Right now, I would just buy flats of shells to shoot if I didn't have the equipment and components.

8. mtflores

mtflores TS Member

I reload now, but with both of my boys shooting along with myself my mec jr. is wearing me out!

9. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I picked up a barely used PW900 and it can really crank out the shells. It is a 12 gauge reloader and is so much faster than my single stage MECs in the other gauges, I have gone to shooting 12 gauge most of the time. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.