1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloader Mods Not for P/W or Mec

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skip, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip

skip Member

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmLYga9G7SQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmLYga9G7SQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

The LED light also allows you to candle empty rounds before placing into the loader; they naturally pass by the LED light while placing in the loader.

The shot monitor son alert will go off about 10 rounds before the loader is completely out of lead.

When the primer tray fails to deliver three or four primers to the primer rail, the system will alert you with a son alert tone and will trigger the primer tray motor to turn on quickly three times in a row, this will occur three times. If you continue to reload the system will respond again with the tray motor activating three times again and the son alert again sounding.

If the no feed to the primer rail was caused by a log jam in the primer tray the three quick primer tray motor activations is usually enough to clear the log jam and begin to fill the primer rail with primers. If not the cycle starts over and continues until the rail is full of primers.

Using the microprocessor to control the timing function of the primer tray motor you can set the motor on time to any length you like. This reduces the buzzing noise of the primer tray to something more pleasant. I have found out the tray really only needs a quick vibration burst to keep things smoothly running.

If anyone has any ideas on a safe non-contact way to monitor powder levels I’d like to hear from you.

Anyway, that’s the way I’m loading …………………….

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Wow, someone who admits their Spolar Gold is not perfect!

I would like to know how your shot sensor works.

I would look to Dillon for a powder sensor idea - theirs works but does involve contact with the powder (not a bad thing in my book).

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have a circuit that uses the shot as a conductor (opens the circuit) and when it gets below a determined level the circuit is closed, sounding a buzzer. I only made one, and it's somewhere in my shop. I made it for the P/W, but it would work for the Spolar or any reloader using a non-conductive plastic container that holds shot.

Whiz

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

TTT

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

ttt

6. SBray

SBray Active Member

Skip,

Great job on the mods! We appreciate you taking the time to share with us.

Thanks,

Steve

7. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

How about a focused light and a solar cell for low powder? Full powder and light can't get thru. Low powder and the light hits the solar cell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.