1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reload with Fiochi 616 Primer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by D_R_S__, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D_R_S__

D_R_S__ TS Member

Looking for data to reload AA or STS 12 ga using Fiochii primers. Alliant "clay dot" powder.
    Using the search, found very little..
    Thanks in advance. Don Smith

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

I use the Clays data and Winchester 209 data. For target loads that are below MAX you should be OK.

Call Alliant if you have any doubt - they are very helpful.

Don

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

Use the Red Dot recipies.

4. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Any thing you can reload with the W209 primer is safe with the F616 because they are just a little weaker than the Winchester. FD

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Actually, Alliant intends you use the Hodgdon Clays reloading data for all component combinations. That is precisely why they named it Clay_Dot instead of something else. Hodgdon includes Fio616 primers in their AA and STS hull recipes.

6. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Clay dot

I only see Feds, Rems, and Win 209s on their web page listed.

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I was told by the folks at Hodgdon to substitute the Fiochi primer for the Remington primer in loading data.

8. Pump4Smoke

Pump4Smoke Member

According to their loading data, just changing to a 616 from a 209 I can't reload a 1200 round, that is until I change to a windjammer wad? For cost purposes I bought the 616's, and have got advise that is all over the board with my last receipe. I'll be following this.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Use them with Wichester data, you won't be able to tell the difference in a blind test.

They are a little hard, compared to Remington but that will only be noticeable in about 2% of the guns out there.

HM

10. Bridger

Bridger Member

I cannot use Winchester primers in a hull previously loaded with a fiocchi. Some, not all, will fall out. The primers work well but stick with them rather than switching back to Winchester.

11. D_R_S__

D_R_S__ TS Member

Thanks to all. I have a chance to buy the fiochii's for 69.00/5000. I'll just replace the Winchester 209's and keep loadin.
    Thanks again.
    Don Smith

12. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

I had problems with the new AA hulls. When seating the primer it would dish the base of hull enough making the striking distance too far for the bottom barrel of my Citories's. I now use Remington gun club hulls and STS hulls they are compression formed hulls and will not allow the base of hull to dish in. 10tenner

13. mike b.

mike b. Member

Don, Buy all that you can afford at that price....most are higher than that!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.