1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reload Win Super Target

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brent375hh, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Should I be saving my Super Target hulls? They do have a two piece wad that some say makes them unusable, but the other day I noticed that so does the AA these days,when did that happen? I have been out of shotgun shooting for many years, but no, I was not frozen & reanimated or doing time in the "Big house".

Has anybody had a base wad seperate on a AA? Is the plastic inferior on the ST making the crimp unreliable, or is it that nobody has tried them yet?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    IL(The gun friendly Southern Part)
    I've reloaded a few of them just out of curiousity using AA data. I didn't have any more problems reloading them as i have with the newer AA hulls. The steel base and thinner hull plastic probably is the main reason they are junk. Use your own opinion and try 'em yourself.----Matt
  3. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    reload once and let them fly,Bruce
  4. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

Mar 23, 2006
    I quit loading them because 2 or three or more out of 100 the crimps would open up and dump the shot charge. If the crimps look good on your loaded rounds use em.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mar 14, 2006
    They can usually be loaded without too many problems. They don't always crimp that well. I used data for some low pressure AA loads. I found that the few loads I tried went a bit slower than the same loads in a AA hull. I usually pass these up, since there are just so many other disposable hulls that work as well or better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.