1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reload test lab?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Avaldes, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

What is the name of the testing lab that can test your reloads for speed and pressure?

2. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

http://www.precisionreloading.com/

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I believe DownRange Wads also has all the equipment and will test your loads. For a fee of course.

4. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

I had several different loads checked at DownRange Mfg. If you send them 7 shells with all the loading information that are in your loads, they will test them. Cost is only $35.
    Send them to: Kevin Lewis
    4170 No. Gun Powder Circle
    Hastings, NE 68901

5. Avaldes

Thanks guys, those were not the places I was thinking about. It was the same deal though, you send a few reloads and pay a few bucks to get the speed and pressure. I am thinking it had a "white" or a "black" in the name, but I also know of engine oil testing labs with similar names and I may be confusing the two.

6. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

You might be thinking of White laboratories, They are the ones that examine blown-up barrels etc. Send them to Down Range, it'll be cheaper and quicker.

Bob

7. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Tom Armbrust from McKenry, IL tests loads as well. See his collection of articles above. Don't know his actual address or phone number, but you can send him an email which is listed on the above site.

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Does anyone know DownRange's general guidelines for their testing services? For example, do they limit loads to those using DownRange wads?

9. Avaldes

Thank again. I tried filling a federal paper hull with 18.4 grains of Titegroup and a TGT12 wad/1.125 oz shot. It crimped perfectly, which tells me that a federal 12S0 would probably be perfect in this combo..I don't have any in stock right now.

This would make a handicap shell very similar to the Nitro 27, but using a paper hull. Might be a great performer as the Titegroup tends to burn cool compared to say International Clays or Green Dot. Might get one more reload out of the papers.

Having said all of that, I would send it out for testing to see where the speed and pressure are before I ran out to shoot them. It does strike me as odd that this isn't a published recipe.

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Tom Armbrust, Ballistic Research... 1108 May Av., McHenry, IL

Program was at one time, provide 5-6 prepared shells/documented test recipe @$5/shell cost...

Jay Spitz

11. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

I also test reloads, send me two or three flats. I will tell you what you want to hear.

5 Stand Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sissy trap test