1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reload problem- HELP!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ken a, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken a

ken a Member

The obvious is change wads but I would consider a few more bb's if you have an adjustable bar.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Go to the IMR powder site and look through their online data. Look for a load with your components. I'd suspect that the data in the Lee book is incorrect, or not well validated. If you are using one of the little pamphlets that come with their basic shotshell loader, put it aside and get some other data. You will most likely need to select a different wad. I'm assuming that you are loading 1 1/8 oz of shot. The only load I see for PB with the WAA12R wad and AA hulls on the IMR/Hodgdon site is for 1 1/4 oz, and your load is light on powder if that's the case. The WAA12R wads were originally used years ago with bulky powders and paper hulls. I would recommend that you use a more appropropriate wad. I'd also recommend using a scale to check your powder drops. If you are going by a bushing chart and not using a scale, you should stop and get a scale before you continue.

The standard WAA12 wad would work just fine with the load you have described, using 1 1/8 oz of shot, AA hull, and Winchester primer. You'd get around 1200 fps and probably be a little under 9000 PSI. I know that wad fits, since I have assembled that load many times before.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've loaded that many times. Use a WAA12 wad as Quack suggested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.