1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reload prices and terms

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KGUNFAN, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KGUNFAN

KGUNFAN TS Member

Hello,
    New to trapshooters.com what a great website. I am interested in reloading and have a few questions. Looking through the past threads it looks like SPOLAR GOLD RELOADERS are the way to go, espeacailly for an all gauge set up. My questions are: Which is better chilled or magnum shot? What does % antimony mean and what difference does it make? Does a decent supplier exist out there with competitive prices?
    Thanks and good shooting
    David

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Welcome. Magnum shot is better because it has a higher percentage of antimony. The greater percentage of antimony, the harder the shot is. The harder the shot the better it patterns. Tell us where you live and someone nearby will be able to direct you to the best suppliers in your area. Bill Malcolm

3. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Most people like magnum better, and that is mainly what I use, but I have used chilled and could not tell the difference. Antimony is the hardness of the shot, magnum shot is harder and has more antimony than chilled. Spolars, are a good press but cost a lot of money, If you don't want to spend that much, a MEC 9000 would be a great coice and only costs around 350.00 new, I think. If you are near ohio, dawson enterprises has pretty good prices. www.dawsonent.com If not there are lots of other suppliers out there.

4. KGUNFAN

KGUNFAN TS Member

I live in Delaware, but I am willing to travel to get supplies. I would really like to buy in bulk.
    Thanks

5. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

David. Welcome. Are you from Northern Delaware or Slower Delaware?

we'd love to have you join us up in PA at Delco Field and Stream on Thursday night. The club is 10 minutes away from the PA/Del border at I-95. We shoot Green bird 2 winners on Thursday night at our club and there is dinner for all of us that shoot.

We can tell you everything you want to know about loading, reloading, factories, components, compoinent suppliers, guns, shooting, Registered shooting, etc... Delaware guys belong to our club so you won't feel out of your element. Oxford, Pa also shoots on Thursday night and they are great guys thta we would be patronizing if gas was cheaper. WTA is also another great club in Glascow, Del. and Olmanondon, Del.(sp) shoots Wednesday nights.

I don't know your experience and what you want to get into but we can definalty set up with a great supplier in PA. He is about an hour and 15 north of us but as long as you buy in bulk, you got it made.

give me an e-mail if you are interested in coming up. If you don't want to join us, no problem, I ca still set you up with the component supplier. He is the go-to guy in our area.

Jeff

6. flylta

flylta TS Member

I am in Fort Myers Fl looking for the same info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.