1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reload Info,Cheddite Hull,16ga

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by unioncracker, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

Looking at purchasing new cheddite hulls. All my research suggests a polyformed hull? Am I wasting my time and money going this route. Reload data suggests the same as winchester xpert hull? Being a aa or sts man I feel I may not have all my facts together. Will it last like the aa or sts. Need help and advise from the masses. Looking for a 1 1/8 - 1/4 loads for hunting when I want to switch up to the sweet 16 from old reliable 1100 12 ga.

Thanks

Buddy

2. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

You might want to consider joining the 16ga Society, http://www.16ga.com/home.html. They have a plethora of tested reloaded data available for the 16ga including loads for Cheddite hulls.

3. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

4. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

None of the 16 GA hulls will last like the AA or STS hulls will. Figure 3-4 reloads max with a faily high attrition rate. All 16 GA hulls of modern construction are straight walled as opposed to tapered. The Cheddite hulls can be loaded with the Federal Game load data. But, joining the 16 Society would be a good idea. www.16ga.com is where you want to go.

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I would lean towards the Fiocchi hull over the Cheddite. Not sure where your buying the new hulls but everyplace I've seen them advertised, one could buy new shells (ie Fiocchi or Cheddite hulled) cheaper than the new hulls. Don't buy into the huppla about virgin hulls!

Another vote for the 16ga society.

6. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Here's another tip. Walmart frequently has the Federal Game Load hulls in 1 oz. #6 loads for about $5.99 a box here in the PRK. (SoCal) These are great bird loads...real Chukkar killers. The hulls take 19 grains of Universal Clays and a 1oz load of #7 in a BP wad very well. I can get three reloads for sure. Then I trim 1/4" off the hull and get 3 more with a roll crimp. These are pretty sturdy hulls and crimp much easier than the black Remingtons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
16 gauge cheddite loads
16 gauge winchester x-pert hull
16 guage cheddit loads
bp multi 16 gauge vs cheddite 16 gauge hull
cheddite 16 gauge hulls

cheddite reloading data 16 ga

reload data for 16 gauge using cheddite hulls
which hulls for cheddite 16ga hulls