1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reload Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by unioncracker, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

I'm using a mec 600jr,sts and old aa hulls. The sts hulls more times than not crimp final with a slight hole in the center,usually leaving a pellet visible.The aa does it occationally.Is it just a little wear or do i need to adjust something.

Thanks

Buddy

2. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Drop the star crimp starter a thread or two and this should close up the hole.

Regards

W&W

3. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Unioncracker, try and get the pre-crimp to a size where a pencil eraser will not fit into it - believe that will alievate the final crimp hole problem. Check back and let us know how it worked?

4. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

with addition to the above, you might try moving the cam on the left side. There's a bolt and a slot in the cam. Adjust it where it travels a litte farther down. This will help force more of the plastic toward the center of the crimp.

5. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Buddy ,
    Your "problem" may be a result of manufacturing "standards" - - which are a mis-nomer 'cause it is quite typical for case lengths to vary .

Sit a bunch of hulls on any flat surface and you'll probably notice that the ends of the hulls may not be the same .

Yoour best alternative ( which many other reloaders choose) would be to "set up" for the shortest hulls and live with a "swirl" in the crimp of "long" hulls rather than having "dribblers" with the shorter hulls .

Charlie

6. glenns

glenns Member

Buddy - I was having the same problem and called MEC.

Check the deprimer/resizer - it has a tendency to unscrew a little causing the final crimp stage to not go down all the way (for lack of a more technical term). That solved my problems with my AAs.

Glenn

7. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out. Dove season is in here and I need to get it right,especially when you give a few shells to a friend to try and you want him to be inpressed.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Scotch Tape. Maybe buy a better loader?

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Click on the link. Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.