1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Releasing Ljutic firing pin spring

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ken@clairton, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken@clairton

Ken@clairton TS Member

A friend of mine showed me how to release the firing pin spring on my Ljutic by pushing the button in and pulling the trigger at the same time then closing the gun. The spring will not cock when doing this. My question is will this hurt the gun by doing this. It’s a pull trigger. Also when shooting do you push the button in when closing the action. Thanks Ken

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I don't think it will hurt anything letting the hammer down as you describe.

I asked Al (Ljutic) about pulling the button in while closing the gun and he said this. "Just shut the gun without slamming it, all you're doing is wearing out the spring and the gun will shut itself and lockup a lot better than you can".

He would probably know.

Ajax

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I have an old Ljutic Mono and I must hold the button in while closing the gun . It is too hard to do otherwise .

4. JTEA

JTEA Member

Releasing the spring leaves less tension on it, particularly for longer periods as when you're not out shooting.

I have owned a number of different types. Perhaps habit, but I give the release a little pressure when closing and then let it "snap" into locked position. He's certainly right, but I have seen them get rounded in time. It is possible to half lock them and they aren't fully in position. I had one which, when "hung" part way (on occasion) would snap when I shot it. You could hear it. It learned to gently but firmly snap that gun closed. I use thin teflon grease on that part.

Also; Many Ljutic shooters use their middle finger to operate release button so your trigger finger doesn't get tired.

JT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.