1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release triggers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JLSO5, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

A friend of mine who has a Browning that he uses for sporting clays wants to have release triggers put in. I told him this would be the best place to find out who does the best work. I don't know the model as it has cutom egraving and stock.

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Here is Phil Crenwelge's website. However, I would advise calling him instead of emailing him. Ed

3. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Allems, absolutely

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I had a Browning O/U Special Trap with Allem's release triggers. I wish I had never sold it.

Lots of 98's and 97's in doubles..

FRedmon

5. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Allem did two perazzi releases for me and they were excellent. The BT99 he did for me was not.

BB

6. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Am surprised that Spears has not been mentioned, have had 3 Brownings converted by them and all have worked fine.

Trap-4

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I have a Spears release on my 1100 and that works just fine and smooth . Hardly hear a click when engaged . I may try Allem on my 3200 and Citori Grade 6 . Another had his Browning XL done by Spears and it is smooth also .

8. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Spears.......GOOD LUCK

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Zard, ya gotta watch out for those silent releases at all times? :)

Hap

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Tommie L. Uh, sorry bud... all the 1100 releases give little or any feed back that the hook has landed. Timney, Spears..et-all... little confidence. If yo think that disconcerting, consider Winter with a glove on and a numb finger. Ka-BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Tommie L. Uh, sorry bud... all the 1100 releases give little or any feed back that the hook has landed. Timney, Spears..et-all... little confidence. If yo think that disconcerting, consider Winter with a glove on and a numb finger. Ka-BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

12. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

When I said I can hardly hear the trigger when I set it doesn`t mean it isn`t audible to me . It shouldn`t sound so loud that all the squad members hear it too . I had one that the puller sent a target out when I set the trigger , thats how loud it was . Granted it should be some sound and feel when it`s set . Why doesn`t Allem do releases for 3200`s ?? He may be at the NJ State Shoot so I can ask him then .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.