1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Triggers ????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Seitz231, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seitz231

Seitz231 Member

What does it take to convert a Model 12 pull trigger to release ? How expensive is that conversion ? Who can do that conversion ? I recently saw a thread where a "Herb Orre" Model 12 release was an either/or based on the location of the safety. Please give us your expert opinions !

Skip Dillin

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

A few years ago I had Spears do my release for a Model 12. Very satisfied. I believe at the time it was something like $250. Call Darrell Johnson. 620-200-3220. He can advise you as to cost, etc. I believe they also have extra Model 12 trigger groups for sale. In this way you have the original pull trigger and a release. Ed

3. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I had a Model 12 with the safety as the release...pull trigger (get a CLICK)and then mash the safety from right to left...then BANG...LB

4. Phillip's Gunsmithing

Phillip's Gunsmithing Member

I can convert your trigger for you. The price is 250.00. Mine is one of the ones that if you have the saftey on it is a pull trigger and if you have the saftey off it is a release trigger. the guys who shoot fun and games like them that way.
    Phillip Crenwelge
    210-313-5988

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I can attest to the fact that if Phil says he can convert the trigger; it will be done correctly. He converted my Winchester Model 50 to a release and did a great job. (No one else would do the conversion). Sorry Phil for not mentioning you. You do a fantastic job!! Ed

6. bluehaze

bluehaze Member

I have one of Phil's triggers, top notch. You can't go wrong with his work.

7. Seitz231

Seitz231 Member

What does it take to convert a Model 12 pull trigger to release ? How expensive is that conversion ? Who can do that conversion ? I recently saw a thread where a "Herb Orre" Model 12 release was an either/or based on the location of the safety. Please give us your expert opinions !

Skip Dillin

8. moowho

moowho Member

I have a trigger i'll sell for $200.00 + shipping when the safety is offit's a release and when the safety is on it's on safe. thank you ,Bryon
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.