1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Triggers?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mr. 391, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. 391

Mr. 391 TS Member

Question for those who shoot release triggers for doubles. Which is perfered Release Pull or Double Release?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Release Tiggers?

I have many years of experience with release triggers. Do not make the mistake I did and try a release-pull first. This type of triger is best described as a release-flinch trigger.

Go with a double release.

Pat Ireland

3. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Release Tiggers?

Went to a double release right off the bat when started f--------- and never looked back.

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Release Tiggers?

Tried the release pull but am now double release. Only way to fly. Jake

5. black lab

black lab TS Member

Release Tiggers?

My advice to you would be to find someone that has a double release and ask if you can shoot it. I shot both and am very glad I went with the double release right off the bat. I tried a release/pull and found myself flinching at the second target.

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Release Tiggers?

Shot a release pull for almost five years until the stupid second shot flinch reared its ugly head..now, I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out when to set the second trigger. About half the time, I end up moving the gun to the bird before I realize I haven't set the trigger. With all the things you have to remember shooting trap, ex. turn right only changing from #5, brass in the back, don't laugh at anothers misses, the quiet eye, the loud mouths..man, this game is getting complicated! I was always told the best trapshooters will have a short neck & nothing between their ears..starting to make sense, I think too much!

7. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Release Tiggers?

I LOVE release triggers. But for me, I disagree with most of the folks here. I have shot a release pull for many years. I love it. I just don't want to get to the point that I can't pull a trigger. And, a release pull has been very good to me. Jake

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

Release Tiggers?

I faced the same question when I had to put a release in my gun.

Kerry Allor advised me to go with a double release.

I am not experienced enough to advise. I do heed the advice of those who walk the walk. The really good shooters I know (except for one guy who can shoot anything with a trigger) use the double release.

Don

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Release Tiggers?

gslam- I must strongly disagree with your conclusion that the best place to release tiggers (sic tigers)is India. They could serve us much better along the boarder between Arizona and Mexico.

Pat Ireland

10. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Release Tiggers?

Release, release. FD

11. alf174

alf174 Member

Release Tiggers?

double

12. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Release Tiggers?

If your handle is indicative of what you shoot your question is academic.

Buz

13. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Release Tiggers?

ok here is another side of the deal. if you shoot an autoloader how would you shoot a release pull. CAN'T be done. it is actually a double release. Not really hard. Let go of the trigger on the first target and then set the trigger on the way to the second bird. Just hang on if there is a NO TARGET. motordoc

14. Cray

Cray Member

Release Tiggers?

Mr. 391: I'm Polish and I shoot a double release!! You should not have any trouble learning to shoot a double release. Cray

15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Release Tiggers?

If you shoot an automatic w/release you already are shooting a double release.

Double Release is the way to go, as soon as you release the first shot set the trigger for the next shot in doubles and go to the next target and release your finger again.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

Release Tiggers?

Have shot a release for years , worst thing is it sure makes tradin guns a pain in the butt,Just because it cost more ..

17. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Release Tiggers?

If expensive trap guns had good adjustable triggers you wouldn't be flinching all the time. Never heard the word flinch at the rifle range. Nothing better than a finely tuned pull trigger, like the one that comes in a Remington 3200. HMB

18. phirel

phirel TS Member

Release Tiggers?

hmb- Would you begin to see flinching on a rifle range if one would shoot 300 shots? How about 100 shots in 45 minutes or 25 shots in 12 minutes? And, the person would do this 30-60 times a year? I think I would begin to flinch if I did this with my head down firmly on a rifle.

Pat Ireland

19. hpesoj54

hpesoj54 TS Member

Release Tiggers?

Release release. Been using it for years. A couple of years ago I was squaded with an anti-release shooter. He was saying he could not see how it helped and he did not want to shoot with anybody who used a release. We were shooting doubles and he did not know I was shooting a double release. As I recall I was the high shooter on the squad.

Joseph

20. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Release Tiggers?

Pat,

How about 10 shots in 60 seconds, or on the pistol range 5 shots in 10 seconds. It's done all the time as part of the National Match Course. Or how about this World Record, 38 cal. revolver, fire six shots, reload and fire six more shots in 2.98 seconds. No flinching allowed. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
allor release triggers
release pull trigger for doubles
release trigger
release trigger trap guns
release triggers

release triggers for trap guns