1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

How do you set up your release triggers. Set pressure? Release pressure? Travel prior to release?
    Thanks for your response...SMOKIT

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

It is not a DIY project, you have to send the trigger to a good gunsmith usually the one who made the release in the first place.

3. SMOKEIT

I know that you don't set them yourself. I was asking what your preference is. What do you request form the guy making your release triggers...?

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I like a 80 oz set and a 26 oz let/off with a little forward travel so I can control when the gun will fire instead of it being a surprise. For me; when the release is too fast I will short shoot the targets and if the release is too slow my cheek will come off the comb.

5. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

My Precision triggers set at 72 oz and let off at 38 oz it makes for a fast trigger but I like that. My Ljutic is set the same.

I still have a Timney Double Release for a MX-8 that both triggers set at 72 and release at 50 oz. I shot that trigger for a long time but it takes a bit of getting use to.

When I got my Precision trigger they recommended 72/28 but that was way to slow for me.

Everyone is different. Buy a good scale try a few of your shooting buddies Triggers and weigh the triggers after you shoot them. Maybe that will save you from having to make a lot of changes.

Jim R

6. SMOKEIT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.