1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kgun_shooter, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I am going to get a release trigger put in my gun. What is a good set and release weight to start out with? Everybody's opinion is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I'm with Vern. It's hard for any of us to suggest weights to you because what feels "fast" to one person will feel "slow" to another. That's one of the beauties of the Allem Roller Release - to change release speed, the gun owner can do it him/herself by changing the roller size with a screwdriver. There are five available that vary by .010" with the smaller ones yielding a faster release speed.

And here's another possibly very important feature - to go back to good pull trigger(s), all you have to do is remove the roller(s)! I used to shoot a Krieghoff with releases. I gave it to my son and when I removed the release parts for him, the resulting pull triggers almost were not useable because of how the sears had to be modified when they were converted to release.

The Allem Roller Release is also the crispest, all-around best-feeling release trigger I've ever used. But the ability to easily tailor the trigger and convert back to pull is paramount to me.

Ed

3. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

What about the warranty on my K-80? If I get the roller release does that hurt the warranty in any way? I know Krieghoff specifically states on their website that no one should install the release trigger but Krieghoff.

4. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

A 5# set and 30 ounce release seems to work for a lot of shooter and is what I recommend my students try first

5. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Ditto what Vern and Ed commentated on about the Allem Release. I had Allem's Roller Release put in my Beretta 682 sever years ago. It is VERY QUICK! How quick? Can not relate to actual speed. However, when I relax my finger just a LITTLE bit the gun fires. Some times when I swing on a left angle, I come off of the trigger, "lost".

I only have the one roller that was installed during the conversion. I couldn't want a faster roller, it works great.

Frank

6. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Phillip set mine at #3 and release at 24 oz.

tony

7. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

Rebel........go to the Allem web site. Your looking at a $500 dollar bill.

8. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

My Ljutic is at 5 lbs to set and 1 1/2 lbs to release. I found that setting to be a good one for me....others will certainly have different set/release weights....good luck

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.