1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Triggers---When To Set---And Why?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Recoil Sissy, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

THE UNLOADER

1. Mount the gun.

2. When you are SURE it is properly mounted and no final adjustment is needed, then and only then, set the trigger.

3. Call for the target.

If one sets the trigger before mounting one's gun, or sets the trigger and subsequently makes an adjustment to the mount - even a small adjustment - it is possible to fire inadvertently.

Been there. Done that. Know better now.

sissy

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

All the above provide the necessary safety required for using a release trigger...

JC...

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Same as the above for safety reasons and hearing the trigger "set" tells me to focus out front somewhere. Had some pull through experiences with a new release trigger once and that confirmed my thoughts on when to set a release.

4. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

The time and method a person sets the trigger will vary from shooter to shooter. Just as many other shooting facts. Personally I set it when it is firm on my shoulder. But many shooters cannot (for whatever reason) do this. They must set the trigger before mounting. I know several that do this. A couple of shooters I know set it before they even close the gun. I have not see them make errors and release it unintensionally. A person must set a system that works for him/her. As long as the gun is pointed down range
    there is no danger. - Jim

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am not consciously aware when I set the trigger. It is sometime as I am firmly bringing my gun to my shoulder and up to my face. When I look past my sight at the area where the target will appear, it is set. I am thinking about other things rather than setting the trigger when I am shooting.

Pat Ireland.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

"As long as the gun is pointed down range there is no danger."

That's the bottom line....

Jim

7. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Sometimes I set mine when the bird is about to reach its peak. Getting better though. Just do it ocasionally now. Have found that it is kinda hard to set it after ya call for the bird and not hear ----------"lost".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.