1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Triggers (Sorry, dumb question)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PhantomTrapp, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhantomTrapp

PhantomTrapp TS Member

So I keep hearing about release triggers on and on again and never knew what they are. I'm assuming that they just fire when they are released rather than pulled? If so, what is the benefit?
    Thanks,
    -Phantom

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I myself don't use one, but have heard that if you hunt pheasant, or any type of game bird, you shouldn't use one because bad things could happen. If I didn't hunt, I might consider switching, or at least trying, but I'd get into the habit of *release* and something bad probably WOULD happen if I switched...JMO, Josh.

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Josh; Why reply if you don't know the answer. A release shouldn't bother your hunting unless you have a total brain disconnect. I have shot a release for years and still hunt, shoot sporting clays, compete with handgun & rifle & shotgun in Cowboy Action with pull triggers. I have seen dumb butts hunt with a pull shoot holes in the ground, the sky and kill trees. A release shooter hunting with a pull is usually much more aware and cautious and safer.

Don't always believe what you hear.

Don

4. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

there must be a reason for olympic banning of realease triggers.

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Olympics = low mount.

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I don't think that anyone hunts more Pheasant and Quail than I do and I use a pull in the field and a release at Trap. I have never had a problem.

7. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

The world Olympic Committee banned the trigger. You may shoot the Release in the US but you may not participate in any world qualifers. This was posted on their web site.

I have found it very difficult to control the trigger during the mount. I do not have a great deal of experience but have shot several 100 international Skeet in practice and I experience several discharges that were not planned. Of course they would have been lost unless you manage to hit the target..

Take care,

Jim

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Troll alert!!

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Fearless; Again this is an American Trap Site therefore what do we care what the international shooters do or think. Any group that allows shooters to move with a loaded gun doesn't impress me about their safety. Maybe you should stay with your own group and releases won't bother you and if you are afraid of American shooters maybe you should change you name.

Don

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"you can release an object faster than you can grab it" I don't know. Ever see someone put out a box of donuts at the trap club? lol

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Jborrks,

About those donuts - they dobn't last long at the police station either.

Seriously though, there was a site on the web that timed your ability to push the mouse button, equivalent to pulling the trigger. You could then hold the mouse button and it timed your release. The release time was several TIMES faster than the pull.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.