1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

release triggers-picts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by beaker100, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaker100

beaker100 Member

some pictures of recent release trigger jobs.

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view¤t=misccaseandmororcyclepicts047.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

this is a tmx/tm-1 special trigger. i bought out bruce bowen triggers. bruce still makes the parts for me. great design,made out of the right materials, properly heat treated. $250.00 installed return shipping included to the lower 48.

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view¤t=misccaseandmororcyclepicts042.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

one of bruces triggers on the left i retimed and my conversion on the right. retiming is $75.00 plus parts, shipping included to the lower 48.

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view¤t=misccaseandmororcyclepicts029.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

right side of citori double release.

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view¤t=misccaseandmororcyclepicts030.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

lsft side citori double release. single release is $250.00 shipping included to the lower 48. double release is $500.00 shipping included to the lower 48.

we do releases on several other guns also thanks doug hubbart (573)286-9905 jd28hd@aol.com

2. argus tuft

argus tuft Member

The Perazzi hook looks like a decent set up but the Citori style requires a significant ammount of wood removal from the stock which weakens the side, I had a release done here is Australia that is all within the action by a Gunsmith who has since died of cancer unfortunately. It is a great design an can be removed without leaving much evidence behind.

Argus

3. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi argus the design i use has been around for a very long time. yes i do remove some wood from the inside of the stock. over the years bruce bowen and myself have had very little problem with the wood on citoris.

bruces design also allows for timeimg changes over the years as the trigger assembly wares as there is a cam that can be turned to keep the trigger in perfect time.

i guess there is more way than one to skin a cat lol all good doug hubbart

4. beaker100

beaker100 Member

5. beaker100

beaker100 Member

here are some picts of the bt-99 release i did today

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view&current=releasetriggerbt-99005.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

left side

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view&current=releasetriggerbt-99001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

right side this trigger was set up at 4 1/2 lbs set 2 lbs release. bt-99 releases in the older bt-99 with steel trigger are $250.00 delivered to the lower 48 states. newer bt-99 with the aluminum trigger is $285.00 delivered to the lower 48 states.

some notes on release triggers. there are 2 main considerations when timing release triggers.

1.) first there is the numbers. the lbs of the set and release. for a nice medium trigger i like a set of 4 to 4 1/2 lbs. on a medium trigger i like a release of around 2 lbs. this gives the shooter a chance to get a hold of the trigger and not be so fast that the trigger goes off if the shooter gets suprised and has to make a less than smooth move to the target.

many shooters have used releases for a long time and have a certian set and release. this is no problem for us to set up for the shooters who have used release triggers and know what they want.

2.) the next important part of a release trigger is what i call the finger.
    does the trigger go off the second you think of moving your finger (relaxing) or is there a little movement of the finger (trigger) as the gun fires. again shooters who have shot releases usally know what they want.

i like to set up triggers for new shooters with a little "finger" in them. i find this makes it a little easier for a new shooter to get used to shooting release.

it seems to make it easier to control for some shooters if there is a little finger in the trigger. not shooting behind the target on a hard right, hard left, or target that suprises the shooter.

all this being said i can set the trigger up with or without finger in it depending on the shooters wish. again shooters with more experance with release triggers usally know what works for them.if

jmho thanks doug hubbart (573)286-9905 jd28hd@aol.com

6. beaker100

beaker100 Member

i will have some k-80 release picts here soon. (let the customer out without taking picts!) said he would stop by this weekend so i could get picts. thanks doug

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pictures, Doug. I agree with you about what you call "finger" in the release trigger. I refer to that as "creep". As you said, different shooters will like their triggers set up to suit their individual preferences, but I also like a little "finger" or "creep" in my release triggers. Glad to hear that you can adjust the finger (or creep) to suit the shooter's preference.

As for set and release weights, 4.5 to 5 pounds to set and about 1.75 pounds to release suits me just fine. Other shooters may prefer different numbers.

Thanks again for posting the pics. Good luck in your business.

Easystreet

8. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Doug,

You mentioned that you do release triggers on several other guns. Which Over/Unders do you do release triggers on, and which of these do you consider the best candidates for release triggers? Also, could you tell us which O/U's you definitely WON'T do a release trigger on? By the way, I'm referring to Double Releases on these O/U guns.

I never know when I might get the urge to buy another O/U, and I don't want to buy one that can't be converted to release triggers. Thanks.

Easystreet

9. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi easystreet, thank you for your comments

i do releases on o/u kreighoff,perazzi (kemen), browning (citori and superpoised),beretta,winchester, and skb.

i have listed them from the easiest to do to the toughest to do.

there are new guns out there i have not worked on yet (gurenni sp?) for one that other gunsmiths are doing releases on and doing a fine job. phillip, of the now defunt p&p does a good job on the gurenni, and for that matter just about any trap gun out there.

i have seen a skb done by the fellow at silver dollar, mel hunting, that was excellent.

i guess what i am saying is there are several designs and people putting in release out there with great success. each of us would list the easiest to toughest a little differently!

thanks doug

10. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi mia, thanks for the comments! got lots of help on picts and posting! lol doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.