1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

release triggers- browning citori

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by beaker100, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaker100

beaker100 Member

0   0   0

this is a citori i did a double release on a while ago. the customer brought the gun back to have a sporting clay stock and a field stock that he bought at the grand fit to his trap gun.

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view&current=3dogscases021.jpg" target="_blank"> 3dogscases021.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view&current=3dogscases022.jpg" target="_blank"> 3dogscases022.jpg </a>

single release on a citori is $250.00 plus shipping double release is $500.00 plus shipping. i bought out bruce bowen release triggers. these are bruces designs made with the proper materials, heat treated, and installed.

time in the shop is usally 1-3 days. doug hubbart jd28hd@aol.com (573)286-9905

2. beaker100

beaker100 Member

0   0   0

3. beaker100

beaker100 Member

0   0   0

4. beaker100

beaker100 Member

0   0   0

5. beaker100

beaker100 Member

0   0   0

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

Nice work Doug.

7. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

0   0   0

looks to be a pretty solid set up. things that would make it more professonal looking would be release manufactures name or logoon the release plates, also from my view I see small curls of metal escaping from behind the large flat head screw securing the release plate,both sides(if it is, it is potential trouble) at this location it would be the slide area and not the pivot. Whole assembly looks too dirty to just put the stock back on, if it where mine, I'd want it cleaned and lubed before getting it back from the 'smith. my opinion.

8. beaker100

beaker100 Member

0   0   0

hi twinbirds, what you are seeing around the release pivot screw, the hammer piviot screw, and on the plate that holds the release hook is lube. a little lube in these areas is good. helps keep everything working smoothly. doug

9. beaker100

beaker100 Member

0   0   0

i should mention also the trigger lube i like to use is 100 straight products TRIGGER JOB. this is the best lube i have found for triggers. it is avaliable from bruce and chris bowen, 100 straight products. thanks doug

10. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

0   0   0

ok, great I stand corrected. logo and cleaner would still be nice. any dirt in the are back there will end up in the "lube" and you know what that means. Wha are the set and release points on this setup?

11. beaker100

beaker100 Member

0   0   0

hi twinbirds, i wasn't trying to give you a hard time. the picture might not be to clear but i do not believe the reciever could be any cleaner. i use a solvent tank and brush when the action is apart then polish the parts, assemble and use remoil and trigger job then air to blow off excessive oil.

this particular reciever was done some time ago and i do not remember what the specs were. this reciever is set up fast! this shooter likes them really fast. i try to talk to each shooter and adjust the set and release to work for that shooter. if it is a shooter who has release triggers now and likes his setup we weigh his current gun and set up the new release to those specs. most shooters who have been shooting releases for a while will have a pretty good idea of what they want.

for new release shooters we talk about it and most shooters will want to try what i call a medium trigger. set usally 4-5 lbs and release around 2 lbs. this is not too fast for most shooters and not so slow that the shooter has to ride the bird waiting for the gun to go off.also if i am at a shoot sometimes one of my customers will let a new release shooter try ther gun and we can come to an agreement where the new shooter might like his trigger adjusted.

there is also another aspect to release triggers that i call finger. by this i mean how much the shooters finger moves before the hook releases the hammer. some shooters want very little movement in the trigger, really just relaxing before the gun fires. other shooters want a little movement in the trigger before the gun goes off. that way if the shooter starts to relax as he swings for the target the gun does not go off early before the shooter is at the target.

when i am at the shoots and working there it is a good time to work with a shooter to tune a trigger to a particular shooters likes. also my shop is 1 mile from the missouri trapshooters home grounds. this gives the shooter and i unlimited opertunities to work on the trap line to insure that we have the trigger tuned to the shooters needs.

as far as logo on the parts it would be nice. some of the parts i have made do have my name on them. this last batch of parts came thru with out the name on them. most of my releases have my name on them. all good. thanks for the questions doug

12. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

0   0   0

Looks like very nice work!

JK

13. beaker100

beaker100 Member

0   0   0

hi goldex, thanks for the kind words. doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page