1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? Release triggers & Autoloaders ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Spanky, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I don't mean to be stupid or dumb but, I don't get how this works. Is there a large number of guys who shoot a release autoloader? I can see chambering the first round, setting the trigger and releasing it. Shotshell goes off. But on a double target does the firing pin release on the second pull or do you pull through to set the trigger and it releases as you let off the trigger the second time? Just real curious how this works with an autoloader.

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

it works just like you are setting it for each shot. pull in or set the trigger then release it to shoot the first shot. the shell goes off and the gun cycles, loading the second shell in the chamber. the shooter then pulls the trigger or set's it again and releases it for that shot. a third shot would work the same way. the trigger mechanism has a disconnector that will not allow the trigger to reset with the action moving or open. the only gunthat did that was the model 12 ans not sure about the super x---jeff how about that. Motordoc

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Guys who shoot targets with a release is your hunting shotguns set up the same way or do you make the conversion back to pull triggers?

4. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I switch back and forth between releases on target guns and pull triggers on field guns without any problems. I know that a lot of these concerns surface when someone first decides on going to a release, but they are, for the most part, unwarranted. I would think it could be problematic to switch back and forth from release to pull on trap guns, but not so when switching to a field gun due to the big big differeces in the guns, shooting conditions and shooting style (low gun).

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I switch back and forth on my trap guns. You just have to remember which you are shooting. Alfermann with both. 90T with pull. 31TC with both. Citori is release/pull. 1100 has both. 303 is pull.

Buz

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

alf,

If I did that we would be repainting a lot of trap houses!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.