1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

///// RELEASE TRIGGER /////

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by goose2, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Could someone explain what is a release trigger and what diff. it would make?

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

It isn't a rat. The kid shoots a spr 100. I don't know for sure. But I don't think the spr 100 has that option. But who knows. Maybe you can fill me in.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I don't think my kid can afford one.

4. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

Its a trigger that fires the gun when you let it go (release) rather than when you pull it. There are several theories to support their use.

The first is that they will be more reliable if you flinch. It works for me, but I still flinch once in a while with the release, mostly early in the season. I can barely pull the trigger in sporting clays if I start with a mounted gun. On doubles targets, I have to take the gun off my shoulder between shots or I'll jerk like an epileptic.

The second reason is that it is a more natural action to release a trigger than to pull one, and results in less muscle tension. Put as simply as I can state it, with a release, you bring the barrel to the bird and pretend to point the finger at the target. Seems easier than jerking the finger backward.

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Don't start using a R/T unless you really have to. I believe many people use them soley because "so and so uses one so they must be better". Not on your life. If you don't need it don't start. They are also now illegal in Olympic Trap.

TB

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

TB, What do you care if people use a release?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.