1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by falklr, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falklr

falklr TS Member

I have found a Belgium Browning trap gun that I am thinking about buying but it has a release trigger. Having never shot one I need the option to have it converted to a pull trigger.
    Does anyone have a estimate of the cost for the conversion?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Its usually not alot, maybe $50-$90 depending on who you have do it. I had a BT 100 that could easily be converted back and forth by one screw that held the hook on. Of course that was a drop out trigger gun.

3. falklr

falklr TS Member

Thanks for that quick reply! Anyone know a gunsmith in Atlanta who can change the trigger from release to pull?

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Read all the threads here about shooters who have changed to release triggers and wish they had done it sooner. Why don't you try it for a few rounds? I'll bet you'll be glad you did. A release is not just for eliminating a flinch. It's an better way to shoot.

5. falklr

falklr TS Member

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

A gun with a release still has a fully functional pull trigger. The hammer fall in the pull trigger is simply interrupted by a hook and pin in most guns. If you take the stock off and operate the trigger a few times, it becomes obvious how to convert it back to pull.

I would not do the job without wearing latex gloves for the same reason I will not put my gun in the rack next to a pull trigger. I believe flinches are highly contagious.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.