1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Trigger...Thank You...TS.com

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by turbobike, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbobike

turbobike Member

I fought a flinch for years, tried almost all "cures"...nothing really worked. I finally tried a release trigger (Timney 1187) first time today. Missed the first bird out, BUT ran the next 49. Best score in years! I can't believe how much smother I am with the release. The "setup" routine, that I learned here on TS.com, will take more practice. A)mount gun, b)line up beads, C)soft focus past house, D)set trigger, F)call bird, G)break bird.
    What a wealth of information here, thanks again!

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Glad that you found the release trigger helpful. The release allowed me to continue shooting and to shoot decent scores again. I was about ready to quit. A fellow shooter talked me into trying a release. I sure am glad I listened to him. However, it sure cost me a lot of $$ to convert my other shotguns to a release. That part I didn't like! :) Ed

3. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Me Too, without the release I would have stopped shoting targets.

Jim

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

It was the pits for me

5. darwinbene

darwinbene Member

For me to go to a release/double release was in Tucson. I was having prblems getting to the target and almost fell on my face trying to pull the trigger. Someone was standing behind me helping and said I believe you need a release. Tried on out and bought a Precision, took about 75 targets to get into it. It was so quick that I started smokin'em right off the bat. Of course the crispness of the trigger helped a lot. I have a backup trigger of a differnet brand and when a spring breaks rather than change right there I use the back up. There is a difference.

I just shot yesterday after a 3 month lay off and I am still amazed by the speed after about 4 years of a release. Darwin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.