1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Trigger Service Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldEx, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I have a question hopefully someone or a few of you may be able to answer regarding service work on an obsolete release trigger. There are a number of reputable companies that have gone by the wayside over the years that did excellent release trigger work. Schwab is one that comes to mind for their 1100 and 870 triggers. Timney another and now it appears from several posts here that Spears is on that way. I have one of each of these guys and was curious if you know of any smiths that are willing to service releases made by others. Nothing more that a tune up etc. Have you ever had to do this and if so, who did your work for you and and what kind of trigger?

Thanks

Jeff

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Phil Crenwelge has tuned or repaired several triggers for me that were built originally by others. Doug Hubbard wanted to throw away all the parts and start all over with his parts.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There is a lot of what is wrong with the release trigger parts, usually wear,
    and spring replace ment.

If you shoot a release Know your settings that you shoot very well with.

For me it is 56Oz set and 28 Oz release.

Write it down and keep it in the gun case w/gun.

and you should own a trigger pull gauge.

When you start missing targets check your settings.

Ljutics change a lot caused by bent, broken pins, you should always change your Ljutic pins they are all the same size 1/8th inch unless someone drilled out the trigger or hammer pivot hole.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

Gary Roman ... slow but good ... he is located in Kentucky ... do a Google search for his phone number

5. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Gary Roman meticulusly thorough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.