1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Trigger question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have noticed that shooters with release triggers have a big orange "R" on the bottom of the pistol grip part of the butt stock. Is this a requirement or simply a safety measure by choice? I'm asking because i just purchased a BT100 with both a pull and release trigger. I'm wanting to play with the release trigger a bit but didn't want to break a rule. The gun didn't have a sticker on it.

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

It is done for safety...so you can see it in a gun rack and not walk out the firing line with the wrong gun and shoot a big hole in the grass or worse....RJK

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have one gun with the release trigger sticker on it. This was placed on the gun by the gunsmith that converted my trigger group. My other guns have no such stickers. I really don't believe in leaving my guns in a gun rack at the local clubs. Why? Because I don't need people accidently hitting my gun when they place their gun next to mine. Also, I don't need people picking up my gun and looking at it. In almost every case; when I am done shooting my gun it goes back into my vehicle. Therefore I see no reason for the sticker. Ed

4. grntitan

I see. That is kinda what i thought. I'd be a bit pe'od if someone grabs my gun and takes off to the line.I think that orange sticker looks kinda cheezy and didn't want to have to do that.

5. grntitan

Ed-- I'm with you, i don't leave my gun unattended for very long at all. If i'm not shooting it i put it away.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I have a release and threw away the sticker. Didn't serve any useful purpose that I could see.

7. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Its required in registered skeet, but not by ATA or PITA.

I don't use a sticker.

Jim

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I do not have a sticker on my release trigger gun. I do leave it in a gun rack at the club all day long. Usually, I don't have a car at the club so I have piles of stuff laying around. It is possible that someone could accidentally pick up my gun. It does look like every other K-80 that is painted red and has a red PFS.

Pat Ireland

9. below 0

below 0 TS Member

I DO have a orange R sticker on my Kolar. If there is 1 chance in a million that it will save someone from getting injured, then i will put up with the ugly sticker. Dale

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I have a big R on my gun. It's because we're outcasts like pirates...

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

I think target setters intentionally break birds for those of us who have release triggers.....

Rrrrrrrrrrrr...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.