1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release trigger question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GunDr, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Mechanically it's not any faster. The hammer will drop at only one speed.

The "speed" many refer to is up to the individual firing the gun. Some feel their reaction time is quicker by releasing the trigger, rather than pulling it.

Doug

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Although I use one I can't tell you which is "faster". If you decide to get one and use it I hope that you'll come back on here and tell us what you think.

Ed Yanchok

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

When I shot a target with a Pull trigger I would slightly stop the vertical movement of the gun and then pull the trigger 2 separate events. With a Release trigger the 2 events blend into one event and my barrel is still climbing at the moment of truth. My POI is about 9" high at 40 yards and I don't need it any higher even at 27 yard Handicap.

4. bgf

bgf Active Member

I may be mistaken because I am a new release convert. But, the way I understand it is the speed of the trigger/release is the oz. difference between the set and the release...i.e.. mine is about 80 oz. set and 30 oz. release pressure. Which I am told is a normal setting for the trigger. The smaller the oz. difference between the set and release denotes the speed. Ergo, a 80/50. oz set/release would be much faster then my normal settings.

If I am wrong I am sure you will hear about it.

Bernie

5. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Did you ever pick up a hot coal; you can release it a lot faster than you grabbed it. Same principle. AJ

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

My release is sooo fast... sometimes it goes off before the bird even leaves the arm....now that's fast!!!

7. Yama

Yama TS Member

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

At times, a pull trigger is much faster than the release trigger I usually shoot. With a pull trigger, I will at times flinch and shoot at the bird when it is just a foot or so out of the house. That is fast. At other times, I will flinch with a pull trigger and cannot make the gun shoot. That is slow.

Of course, the lock time is independent of a trigger set as pull or release.

Pat Ireland

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

To many varibles in different triggers to give conclusive answer.

Don

10. JEB

JEB Active Member

When I first changed over to a release, there is no question that I was shooting faster, sometimes too fast. I do not believe that it was the trigger, just the way I went about releasing the trigger. At Phil Kiner's suggestion, I had the release slowed down to 24 oz on the let off. All I can say is that it worked fine for me.

J Bergman

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.