1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Trigger Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Approximately 1 year ago I switched to a release trigger. It made shooting enjoyable again. On 16 yard and handicap the release has allowed me to shoot scores that I enjoyed before the dreaded flinch caught up to me. I use a 682 single for handicap and 16 yards. For all other multiple shot games, (doubles, sporting clays, skeet), I use a Super X-1. As the Super X-1 is my backup gun for 16 and caps; I purchased a release for that. The problem is that when I shoot the release on the Super X-1; I can't get used to the release/release on the double targets. This means I need to switch the gun back to a regular pull trigger. That being said, I very seldom flinch, when shooting 2 targets. I think it's because I know where the targets will be thrown. (Unlike 16/caps in trap) Anybody have problems adjusting to a release/release system? Also, do you flinch on the doubles and/or sporting clays targets? Just trying to figure out if I need "counseling" !!! Ha. Thanks. Ed

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Everybody's different. I had trouble flinching at sporting clays, so I went to a double release on a 391. When I release the trigger for the first shot it's the same motion as with a pull trigger - except in reverse. With a pull trigger you don't pull and hold it - you pull the trigger and release it. So when I release the trigger I reverse that. I release it and reset it in one motion. I don't even think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.