1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Trigger Question?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DelarockX, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

I found a 682E Trap that I was considering purchasing. It has release triggers of an unknown manufacturer. I have never shot a release trigger before, nor do I think it's something I'd want or need.

I was told, as well as read on this forum, that you can remove the "release hooks" and turn the trigger into a pull trigger. How exactly does this work? Is the trigger EXACTLY the same as a regular pull trigger? Is there any danger with doing this?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

To answer any questions i believe some of the guys here that could help you would need to see what type of release trigger was installed. Once they ID'd the release trigger installer then they could tell you what(or who) would need to be done to convert it back. Most can be converted back but require the smith that installed them to do the work. I believe Phil at Phillips Gunsmithing that installed my 682 release said it was $50 to convert back to pull. Hope i helped some.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.