1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Trigger Question - Ref: Citory Plus

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by In plain view, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In plain view

In plain view Member

Have decided to go with a release/pull on my Citory Plus. I shoot a release on my TM1 Special. My question is: Does anyone know of a gunsmith here in So. California that does this kind of work? If not, do I have to send the entire gun out of state or can I just send the receiver? Thanks in advance, Bob English

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

For a Browning Spears is the best. You will have to send the stock as well because some wood will have to be relieved to allow room for the release trigger parts.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Think twice about going to a release/pull. Nearly everybody will tell you to get a release/release. The only shooters I've seen that use a release/pull trigger only use it for doubles and shoot a pull trigger for everything else.
    The release gives them a faster shot on the first bird.

A release/release is very comfortable to use. You never have to think about resetting the trigger after the first shot, it becomes automatic; and you can shoot two shots every bit as fast as a release/pull.

4. rlcammer

rlcammer TS Member

There is nothing wrong with release/pull. I like it best.

Strictly a matter of opinion..........

Ric C.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

For most, the release pull is an intermediate step between pull and double release. It is more economical to skip this step. I wish I had skipped the release/pull step many years ago. Both my scores and my money would have been greater.

Pat Ireland

6. In plain view

In plain view Member

Thanks for the excellent comments. I only shoot the Citori for doubles and it's the 2nd shot that I am flinching on. Just cant get the trigger pulled at times. It now appears that a double release is really the smarter route to take to cure my flinching problem. My question comes back: Who should I send it to? Bob English in Los Angeles

7. In plain view

In plain view Member

benglish@executivecarleasing.com. Thanks. Bob

8. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

A wise person once told me that if you went to a release triger because of a flinch, guess what happens when you order a release/pull for your doubles gun? You got it - the flinch is back on the second bird. I had the very same concerns about the double release setup before I ordered mine, but shooting the double release is a piece of cake. Don't think - just shoot. If it's a Browning call Darrel Johnson at Spears. 620)200-3220.

9. richard konecky

richard konecky TS Member

This is an issue that has caused me much anguish over the last 6 mos or so when I first developed a flinch, but was concerned about making the switch to a release. In my case it was mostly a visual flinch, but got to the point where I was flinching 4-5 times out of 25, clearly unacceptable. I finally went to a double release and was amazed at how easy and effortless it was and how quickly I adapted to it. Never flinched again. My scores went through the roof. After a couple of months, a weird thing started to happen. I started releasing before I got to the target. This got in to my head and I started releasing practically on the call. It's now at the point where I don't feel I can control it and am considering going back to the pull. I don't know anyone else who has had this kind of brain fart. I do love the release and would encourage you to try it. btw, the reset for the second shot becomes automatic very quickly. richard

10. richard konecky

richard konecky TS Member

sorry. last post was to wrong thread!

11. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Richard, it sounds like your release trigger is too fast for you. My trigger sets at 5 lbs but goes off at 1 1/2 lbs which is considered slow but works fine for me.

12. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey Richard,

Your release may be to fast, have it dailed back to a slow release and see what happens.

If the trigger is to fast, any relaxation on your part and the hammer will fall.

Take care,

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.